Monday, May 12, 2014

Music Monday #9: Goodbyes

I fly out of Grenada this week. It's a bit insane to think of just how long I have waited for this moment. Of course the implications of this long awaited wish, are the I now need to focus on cleaning, packing, beach trips, and goodbyes.

For Music Monday I present you with two "Goodbye" songs of sorts. Not cute ones, like John Denver. We should know that isn't what I am all about. I'm am terrible at goodbyes. I am, in fact so terrible at them, I have actually mastered them. I don't like to get teary-eyed and weepy and focus on THIS IS THE LAST TIME EVER I WILL SEE YOU. In part because that is very hefty, and in part because I don't believe it is true.

I am a firm believer that life is weird enough that we re-connect with people all the time. Whether it is true or not, I really hold on to that.

Bouncing Souls is a band I never listened to before Ross. And now I am hooked. I seem to always find new gems from them. Today I have two songs from them that are perfect for life right now.


"True Believers" is a short little song. Here are some of the lyrics:
I've met some people along the way
Some of them split some of them stay
Some of them walk some walk on by
I've got a few friends I'll love till I die
 Grenada has brought me close to so many incredibly wonderful people. I've made friendships here that I know will last forever. Just a few days ago I actually got teary eyed thinking about leaving this place. That was a first.
From all of these people I try to learn
Some of them shine some of them burn
Some of them rise some of them fall
For good or bad I've known them all
People are really funny that way. But what a blessing to have friends that teach us. Friends that shine and rise and are influences for good in our life!


The next song is also from Bouncing Souls. Ross sent it to me last week and we both agreed that it was perfect for our life right now.

"Better Things" is a really hopeful song. It's the kind of song we all need after a hard day, or a move across the globe.

The next song I want to share with you is by the same band. But before I debut it, I want to take some pictures of this, my last week here. I might make it it's own post, or I might just update this one.

Stay tuned!

(ha... ha. Get it?!)

No comments:

Post a Comment