Saturday, May 17, 2014

RDR Apartments: Our Home

Now that I am sitting here, not living in my apartment - completely moved out, I figured it would be a great time to post pictures of my apartment. Backwards as always!

I was talking to my sister Jen and she reminded me that I never showed her pictures of my apartment. Since I spent the day packing and cleaning and leaving, I figured the apartment was finally in a state my mom would approve -CLEAN.

Jen, here you go!

This is a picture Rissa took when she was visiting in December.



We live(d) on the top floor, center. We got that romantic Romeo & Juliet balcony.

One of the reasons I love this apartment is that I feel really safe. When you go up the stairs, there is a locked gate to the second level.

Ross in action opening the gate door, and our front door, #8.


Here is the view from our front door. Everything is so dry.


The front door opens up to my small kitchen. To the right is a small couch covered in luggage. The the left is a table and a couple shelves. My least favorite thing about the kitchen is the lack of counter space. My favorite thing is there are 4 windows.


Heading back to the bedroom, you can see the door for the bathroom on your right, the bedroom straight ahead. This picture is from the hallway, looking back at the kitchen/ front door.


Here is the bathroom, empty but clean. The cute towels and shower curtain were all packed up and gone by this point. The best thing about this room is the BATHTUB! It is not very common for apartments to have bathtubs here in Grenada, so this is nothing short of a miracle/ gold mine. Definitely a huge selling point for me. 


The second best thing about the bathroom is this funny little electric razor charger.



Next the bedroom. Once again, all packed up and pretty plain. No more pretty afghan or red sheets. Through that door is the balcony, as you can see pictured on the right. With the awesome magnetic mesh to *try* to keep out bugs. 


Another view of the room from the balcony door. From this angle you can see back down past the bathroom to the kitchen.



It's a bit small, but very cozy. This might be my favorite home I have shared with Ross. The owner/ property manger is the best. Very flexible, super fast to fix things, and even better -pre-emptive. Every once in a while she will send a handyman around to check things out, or a plumber to clear the drains. And at least once a year she sends a guy to spray for cockroaches. I got a little emotional as we left, remembering all our good times in this apartment in the past year.

But alas, it is time for a new chapter, and I am ready. :D


2 comments:

  1. Finally! Now you are gone...oh well. I hope its okay to say this...I am pretty impressed. With how small and such you made it sound apparently I imagined a lot worse in my head. Glad you are in the same country now!

    ReplyDelete