Wednesday, December 3, 2014

A Tale of Two Trees

Ross has been really anxious to decorate for Christmas. He has been working/schooling at the hospital long hours and he had to work on Thanksgiving as well. I headed out to be with my folks for the holiday and Ross took the time to dig out all the Christmas stuff. That way it was all ready to go when I came back!

With me starting work and continual late-afternoon headaches, the post 5pm time slot proved a bit difficult for scheduling a time to get a tree. Because I now only know what's happening if it is on my Outlook Calendar. But despite Ross's lack of access to my calendar, we were able to fit in getting a tree!



Ross grew up with fresh trees, being the mountain man he is, and I grew up with an artificial tree, being the poor girl I am. My parents have had that lovable (ratty) artificial tree since before I can remember and I am betting it might outlive me too. So as to attempt poetic homage to our upbringings, this season brings you:

A Tale of Two Trees


"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness..."

The first tree came about before this blog was in existence, when it was a mere twinkle in my eye. Two seasons after the season of the Petersen holy matrimony also know as "Our First Christmas" we financed this purchase with a gift card from said holy matrimony and voila! we were in the couples Christmas business.


When Ross and I were but a wee lad and lass.

The second tree came about Monday December 1st with a trip to the freshest of fresh, fresh Christmas tree lots, bar a forest (okay, there is actually no way to know if this was the freshest *shrugs*). We attempted to check out trees elsewhere, but in the end this was the lot for us.



Maybe because these are 'Murican trees!

I had to take some time to run around the trees like I was in forest.


Ross and I had really wanted to get a nice big tree, but unfortunately my checking account thought otherwise. This is Ross's "this one please?" face.


Nope, sorry, but this one please yes! 


We found our little baby shoved in the corner with other similarly conservative sized trees (horrible word to use at the Christmas season). I stood by the tree so no one would take it! Here is my view, obviously there were tons of people there, so it was absolutely crucial for me to stand like a creeper in the corner by MY tree. 


Proud owners of a fresh real Christmas tree!


It took us a few days but eventually we got the stand, lights, and ornaments all together. Even though it isn't super tall, we put it on top of an end table and I think it looks great! On the left you see the tree naked, on the right you see it in it's holiday best.


And here is the fresh tree, and the artificial tree both, at present day.






No comments:

Post a Comment