Friday, December 12, 2014

The Best of What's Around (BoWA #1)

I'm so far behind in blogging that I think I'm ahead. Ahead in that, maybe I will just give up and start forward, then go back.

As I was pondering about what is new and good in my life, I decided to create a new segment. I have decided to bring you "The Best of What's Around." Yes, inspired by this Dave Matthews Band song.

#1 The biggest thing would definitely be that I have a job! Such a simple phrase for such blood sweat and tears over the past several months. But that's not what I am blogging about. I am blogging about an "Office Ergonomics" session I had to take. Yay for sitting at the desk staring at a computer for 8 hours a day? Instead of training on chemical hazards and how to properly use a floor cleaning machine, I get properly trained on how imperative it is to use the mouse with your elbow NOT your wrist (c'mon people, can't be having MSDs up in here).


I got a kick out of these two slides. On the left we have a questionably dressed employee, not demonstrating "finger extensions," but rather "blade pinch." And on the right we have, well, the most intense office chair... perhaps ever (and a man at the office without shoes?).

#2 In old news, I continue to be short. In my quest to find newer, nicer, better fitting dress clothes for work, I re-affirmed this fact.  The image on the left shows a before and after hem job. The image on the right shows, "sweetheart please, go back and at least get 'petite'."


Gotta respect the funky socks.

#3 Photographic proof that vegetarians ruin everything. You can have little veggie tofu lumps if you desire, but DO NOT call them meatballs. So I guess this isn't technically "the best of what's around," but it's good for a laugh.


#4 This is the BEST of the best of what is around these days, and thus a perfect place to end this post. I AM GROOT swing. Proof that in life, I can have it all. 




No comments:

Post a Comment