Friday, December 5, 2014

First Turkey

The past month-ish has been totally insane. With my birthday quickly followed by a road trip across America, then Thanksgiving with a ton of family around, then family here in Redlands. To top it all off, Ross has been in the most worthless time consuming rotation.

I can honestly say it feels a bit weird to be back at home in Redlands. Since Ross wasn't able to join us for Thanksgiving, my mom fixed up a Thanksgiving meal for him complete with mashed potatoes, turkey, stuffing, and carrots. Luckily I had made my mom's traditional cranberry salad for Ross to take to their potluck at the hospital, so he even had that!


Not only do we have that, but mom sent me home with more leftovers! Not only leftovers, but also a HUGE uncooked turkey. 

Ross was feeling pretty brave and took a whack at it. It turned out epically beautiful, with perfectly browned stuffing. Not bad for a first attempt. You can imagine how excited I was to come home from work to see this. 


I have my very own Rossatouille on my hands. 



Here he is carving our first turkey d'awww.




The best part is that we have so. much. turkey. This huge turkey for just the two of us?! It will be nice to have some to freeze too. The beauty of a blog is that you can see the future. Meaning, I made these amazing fresh turkey taquitos after this post will be published. 


Ross confessed that he never had fresh taquitos, to which I almost passed out. Luckily that was fixed right away.

No comments:

Post a Comment