Sunday, December 7, 2014

Happy Birthday Little Dude!

Saturday Ross and I had the opportunity to take a quick trip down to Palmdale. Ross was just getting off the night shift that morning so after he was done we rushed off to good ol' Palmdale. The reason for the trip was bittersweet. And I say that in the most dramatic way possible. Ross and I attended my favorite little human's birthday party! Or should I say, annual funeral for his childhood.




Since my birthday I can feel old age creeping in. And seeing this little nugget turn 5 is pure insanity. I remember holding this bebe in my arms days after he was born. Now he's a little man.



His party was at Chuck E. Cheese which, speaking of pure insanity -was the definition of it. Childrens. Everywhere.



Chuck E. came out (now I am grown up I simply call him "Mr. Charles E") and at first Asher was a little scared. I don't blame him, it isn't super natural to have a huge rat running around. But the kids eventually sang and clapped and danced. The birthday boy got to shred it up on his balloon guitar, which he loved.


He blew out the candles on this masterful Transformers cake. Lucky little kid!



As the birthday boy he also got to go into the ticket blaster.



Think: Matilda- "Get Sticky with Mickey!" And although there wasn't cash flying around in there, I was still jealous.


Until I DID see a full grown man get in there and it was a bit strange. Not the time, nor the place dude. 



Along with all those goodies, he got a little birthday medal. He was super proud of this and loved letting his friends see it. I wonder if that is partially because he does sports, so a trophy or medal is something he would take great pride in. :)


And all this little man wanted to do was play skeeball.



But when it's your party you can do whatever you want!



His Uncle Ross and I joined him for some games, and Ross used his stupid long leg skills to retrieve some rogue balls.



Here he's telling me and Ross that he got it in the one that says "500," but I think it's cute because he is going to be 5!



I love hanging out with this kid. He cracks me up. Speaking of cracking me up. I wonder where he gets it....



My little Asher friend is way smart and hilarious. His latest thing is telling jokes, and creating his own. Which make no sense but are even better than the rehearsed ones. After the party I went home with my besties and opened presents. Here he is admiring his loot in the back of the car.



Ross and I got him a Lego set. It is a little old for him but Brigette told me that he loves to build them with his dad.



You can imagine my surprise when he practically built this set all by himself. I helped him with the instructions but he figured it all out and placed them by himself. Talent folks.



Uncle Ross helped figure out the million-step Transformer. NOT. A. CHILDS. TOY. Haha.



Eventually we had to get going, which was difficult when you have a small human attached to your leg. But when Brigette told him that he would see us again soon, he was a little more okay with it.



In the back of my mind I wonder if he is still skeptical of me running off to Grenada at a moments notice. Have a mentioned lately it is so nice to be back and close to friends?

Happy Birthday Buddy!




No comments:

Post a Comment