Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Christmas Eve 2015

Christmas Eve Eve meant freedom.

Empty "Immediate Attention/ Inbox" = Christmas Vacation.



I stayed the night at my parent's house and the next morning I was off to LAX to pick up Ross. Yep. I'm the utterly insane girl who braved the Los Angeles freeways to pick up my husband ON CHRISTMAS EVE. Kinda stressful, maybe won't do that again ever.

I know this post should be about Jesus and family since it is titled "Christmas Eve" but can I please just take a moment to brag about seeing Danny Pudi?



I have seen my share of stars growing up in the Los Angeles area, but I've never been obnoxious enough to ask for a photo. Well, I was that girl today.

And oh yeah, I was excited to see my husband too, I hope he wasn't too mad at the fact that I barely noticed him. We grabbed some food and hit the roads, again, braving traffic.



Oh 405. We enjoyed a pretty sunset


...and eventually made it to my Aunt's house for our family celebration. We enjoyed good company and great food. Especially great food- like this triple chocolate mousse that Kyle and Mom made.


We had a little Christmas program, and we got these cool trinkets/ ornaments with a poem, "The Innkeeper's Key."


We even got a surprise visit from Santa! We were all cracking up because when we were little Santa would come to the family party. It was always an adventure. Sometimes he was on the roof and needed us to fetch him a ladder. Other times he rode up on a motorcycle. Other times it was a knock on the door for a brief stop before he continued his journey.

Now we are all adults though, I guess we lost faith in Santa. But Santa pulled through and passed out candy for all.


We hung out for a while and started passing out presents.



Everyone with their own little pile of presents in front of them. So many thoughtful gifts! Christmas is such a fun time of year. It was fun to finally get to share these traditions with Ross after 3 years of marriage.

I think everyone would concede that the best, most time consuming, and thoughtful gift came from my grandma. She gave us daughters and granddaughters each an afghan that she had made.


Each one is a true work of art! It was fun to get us all together and take a picture. Having only dabled in small crochet projects, I can appreciate the immense work that goes into each one. From planning, executing, and finishing. Grandma said that she has been working on all of these for over two years. My grandma is one incredible lady. This is a gift I will treasure for years.

Merry Christmas Eve everyone! 



No comments:

Post a Comment