Saturday, November 29, 2014

Thanksgiving Break Fun

The party doesn't stop after Thanksgiving! Since so many of us kids were around, we hit the hot spots here in Southern California.

Primarily, Tito's Tacos.


Always a classic, even when Ali and I ate there earlier in the week when we flew in from New York. 

Afterwards we headed up the coast.


Pit stop at the beach.


I wanted to take a nap right there on the sand.


But crazy Kona- someone's wet golden retriever- kept wanting to shake his wet stinky fur right by us. 


No matter. The beach is always beautiful, even with a Kona. 

Next we headed over to Ventura Harbor Village to walk around. 


Mom and Dad treated us to ice cream, because that's just kind of what you do when you are at the beach, whether it is hot or cold. I got Circus Animal Cookie ice cream. Nom nom nom.



And of course I had to go in the hat shoppe because I am obsessed with hats.



Big hats, floppy hats, warm hats, sun hats, hot dog hats, pizza hats, pirate hats, shark hats.

Oh, and a bird pooped on Rissa. That was stupid. Luckily we washed most of it off.

Then, because we are human and we love that magical time of day when the sun goes to bed, we watched the sunset over the ocean.


That evening we ate a cool little hole-in-the-wall fish place. The food was fresh, even if we were freezing cold.

Thanksgiving break was also spent relaxing and snoozing. I think the older we all get the more we appreciate down time and not having to over-do it by playing tourist constantly. 


Synge knows the feeling. Also, the fam set-up the Christmas tree. The Christmas tree to rule them all.  

It takes so long, we have to pace ourselves with assembly, lights, and decorations. We watched the family favorite Scrooged while we decorated. 

Saturday the family headed to Redlands so everyone could see my place and hang out. Mom had planned to do these cool little turkeys on Thanksgiving but we had so much food the thought of more was dangerous. I thought this was such a cool idea that I was determined to do it, even if I am borderline terrified of melting chocolates and decorating. Lucky for me all of us helped out and they turned out awesome. I like that some of them have some character -whether on accident or on purpose- no matter. 


They are so good. Like a reeses peanut butter cookie with extra sugar. I love how creative my mom is, and how good she is at crafts like this. 

I was sad to see them leave. I am thinking I should probably change the name of this blog to that phrase. Because I say it a lot. Life is all about comings and goings I suppose. It was a wonderful Thanksgiving and now we have Christmas to look forward to. 



No comments:

Post a Comment