Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Fun Friends

I always have a hard time coming up with titles, particularly when so much of what I share is random and mediocre. But I just really feel that sharing about my new friends is important.

Mystery toys have always intrigued me. I remember the first time a grab bag was explained to me. I remember clarifying things with my mom.

"So wait, you spend your money on something that you don't know what it is?!" 

It boggled my young mind. When my life was dominated by infrequent allowances, conscious monetary decisions, and perfectly planned toy purchases (not much has changed) the idea of pretty much throwing your money away appalled me.

Now that I am older I like to live life on the wild side. You can tell from my recent foray into the oh so expensive realm of mystery Lego Minifigures. I love unicorns and I love Toki Doki, so I had my eye on these Unicornos at the comic shop for a while.



I picked one out and as luck would have it, from the whole series of 12, I got the one that I really wanted. Her name is Bowie and I am totally in love.


Then, one day when I was picking up Ross some comics I decided that I wanted to try my luck with one of these MARVEL Frenzies. It isn't DC, but it is Toki Doki and they are adorable.


I got Sue Storm from the Fantastic 4. I like to think that it is me, because it would be pretty fun to be invisible girl. Her and Bowie are actually pretty good friends. 


....And a smattering of other random things.

Ross and I tried this Hawaiian food place, it is a small chain and different from our usual food. It was amazing! Perfectly sweet and spicy.


I don't husband brag a ton, but sometimes I just can't help myself. I think Ross thinks I am pretty lazy because often I am still in bed when he comes home from 24 hour call. This day he surprised me with my favorite coffee cake from Carolyn's Cafe. Not a bad thing to wake up to, that is for sure. 


Also, Election Day! I am pretty sure they would take away my Poli Sci diploma if I didn't get out and vote. But, being forever sassy I had to keep things real with my Karl Marx shirt.  


My favorite thing is the 99 Cent Store. And they have some great holiday decorations. I was impressed with myself for finding this cute little glitter pumpkin. It goes great on the door, subtle, but effective. 


No comments:

Post a Comment