Tuesday, November 11, 2014

A Walk In The Park

I fully realize that this blog has gotten a little more boring and meaningless over time. I can only imagine what a full time job has in store. But since I have about one reader besides myself, I am okay with documenting the tiny trips and wanderings I have with family and friends. That's what life is mostly made up of anyways.

Since I love being outside, I have spent a fair amount of time looking up outdoor parks and activities. I kept hearing good things about Prospect Park. A little park with walking trails and bamboo forests and little bridges. But the past couple times I drove by, I couldn't see much of a park nor a parking lot.



But that just heightened my curiosity and I was determined to figure it out. And figure it out I did. For the first time in a long time it actually felt like fall outside. It was a little overcast because it has been a bit rainy, and I actually wore a hoodie.



Ross and I explored some of the trails and there were pretty views of Redlands and the orange groves even though we weren't very high up. 


I took a picture of this funny little palm tree (pictured above, left) for my dad. I love it stretching upwards to the light. 


As you can see, the vegetation is pretty thick. Very lovely. Some parts even looked like Jurassic Park. 


It definitely isn't a park for throwing around a football, and there is no playground, but the trails are fun and they do have picnic tables. Ross and I put that on our list for next time my parents come visit


There was also a tiny little botanical garden. I am pretty pleased with the way this photo turned out. Very artistic.


I think somehow we ended up at Yum Yum donuts. 


I tend to get a pretty strong Fake Smile, which comes with a nice helping of Stale Smile. But you can always tell a genuine smile by the look in my eyes, which I am finding is almost always strongly (positively) correlated to me eating food. But I mean, this is a huge pink donut with sprinkles. 




No comments:

Post a Comment