Monday, September 29, 2014

Wake Me Up When September Ends (or when Fall finally arrives)

Well, September is now gone, and you coulda fooled me because it's still crazy hot. I keep trying to make fall happen if you know what I mean.


I officially and unabashedly joined the Boot Club, but for $12 for those beauties how could I not?! 

Another reason I want Fall to happen: PIE. 


Thank you Pusheen. 

Another fun September happening was playing Legos with my favorite little man. I'd be a total liar if I said I wasn't tempted to steal the Guardian of the Galaxy Legos from a 4 year old. 


While I am in Palmdale, it's not uncommon to go to Tommy's for a chili burger. It happens sometimes. And while I eat that glorious burger I feel like Princess Fatty on cloud 9. But even Princess fatty has her limits. I saw this advertisement for a breakfast sandwich in the window of the establishment. I am pretty sure it deserves this meme I made for it. 


Ross and I have been trying to track down a record player. Used or new, we don't care. We just want something we can play all of our records on. It is getting a bit ridiculous. I was pretty surprised when one day Ross announced we would be going to an independent record store in Claremont. Whoa. That is determination.


It was a cool store with a decent selection, but unfortunately "independent" often comes with a price tag we can't afford so we had to pass. But we still bought some records for that turntable we will ahve someday. 

I haven't been baking much because it is so hot, and never cools down. Plus, now I live in America I can get anything I want at the store anyways. But not this bread. 


Through various nutmeg misunderstandings, this bread almost didn't get made. But I am glad I did because I am addicted. It is a zucchini bread with orange zest and warm spics like clove, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Perfect way to continue to pretend that fall is happening here. 




No comments:

Post a Comment