Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Carpet Cleaning and Extreme Heat

The biggest difference I have noticed about living in the Inland Empire is that it doesn't mean that it is cooler. I think because of it's close proximity to the mountains I somehow got this wacky idea in my head that that meant it was cooler here? Wrong.

The nice thing about the high desert where I grew up is that it gets hot in the afternoon, maybe hottest around 1pm, then as the sun sets, the temperatures dive down. And after the sun sets you get sweet reprieve until the next day.

In contrast, the Inland Empire stays hot forever. I have found that often the hottest part of the day is actually not until 3pm or really 4pm. Then if you are lucky, it begins to cool down. Lately though, it has been "extreme heat."



The temperature inside my apartment was 94 degrees, and rising. So quite naturally, I thought that would be the perfect time to shampoo my carpet.

When we first moved it, it was rather disgusting how disgusting the apartment was. I always roll my eyes at the amount they take out of your security deposit to "clean" the apartment. Righ, righ, righ. I've been perpetually haunted by long black hairs, and the floors are gross no matter how many times I clean them. I was really happy that my mom let me borrow her carpet cleaner because I couldn't wait to get the carpets clean finally.

Well, that was a flaw in my logic, that using a carpet cleaner would actually clean my filthy apartment carpet. No matter how many times I went over the carpet, it seemed like the water was barely getting cleaner. But whatever, that is a barely that I am willing to take.



Pure sludge going down the drain, likely killing some sea babies somewhere. But you can see from the top left and bottom right photos that it looks amazing!

I thought the heat would help the carpets dry quickly, and they did, but I went over the carpet so many times that it was still drying and I was still working into the late evening. As you can see from my cute Weather Pup, it still feels like 87 degrees out after 10PM! Craziness. 



No comments:

Post a Comment