Monday, September 1, 2014

Music Monday #13: Wasting My Life

Sometimes, I reach out to life and I get sucker punched in my gut.

Okay, not really, but I thought that was dramatic enough to open this blog post.

For Music Monday, I was thinking maybe, just finally, I'd do a blog post. Not really having any song in particular to blog about, I thought it would be fun to do the first song that came on random.

Here we go:

Wasting My Life -The Hippos- was my sucker punch cos I really don't need my itunes shuffle rubbing it in that I have been doing nothing with my life lately.


(Or maybe I did)

I just came across this music video for the song and it's so completely, utterly ridiculous (but it's 90's ska so it actually makes perfect sense, "AMOEBAS!!!!"). I had to include it.


I've mentioned my love for ska over and over again. I could pick a new band every Monday and possibly never run out of Mondays. The Hippos were one of my later ska band acquisitions and admittedly this song isn't as ska as pop, but that's besides the point.

The point is, I dedicate this song to my current job search (she).

"Something in the way she never looks my way

I'm in love
Something in the way she doesn't hear a word I say
I'm in love

...

She's out of my league I'm insane
Am I wasting my life waiting for you?
wasting my life
waiting for you,
wasting my life
waiting for you."


No comments:

Post a Comment