Saturday, November 8, 2014

Frisbee Golf at Ford Park & Other Things

I honestly never get tired of hanging out with my little sister. On her most recent venture to my neck of the woods, we headed outside to play some frisbee golf at a park Ross had scouted out.


The course wasn't super well marked, and so we kind of made it up as we went along, including the rule that the tee for this hold was on top of this stump. 


I love the look on Ali's face when she gave it her all and then just started laughing afterwards. It is a pretty little park with a pond, it has picnic tables and BBQ pits too. 


Ali's goal was to get in the edge of all my panos. 


Success. 

Earlier that morning we took Ali to the famous Carolyn's Cafe. Ross always thinks he's hungry when he goes there. Then he remembers the portions are huge. 


Ali eventually had to get going but Ross and I still had a full Saturday ahead of us so we took advantage. And ended in San Bernardino, wandering into this store we kept passing called Curacao. It was a bit of a perplexing place. Definitely unlike any American store, but had bits and pieces. 


After a few aisles it became pretty apparent that this was a Latino culture centered store. If the aisles completely devoted to blenders didn't tip us off, the ginormous fiesta-sized pot did, and the plethora of futbol jerseys just sealed the deal. It reminded me of some stores they had in Central America. I looked it up afterwards, and it is a small Southern California chain of department stores aimed to serve the hispanic population. And I don't care what culture you were raised with, that kid sized Mario Kart is just cool. 

Afterwards I took Ross inside of the Pollo Campero because that is also  a Latino thing. I used to eat there when I was in Central America and it is pretty much just a greasier KFC. We didn't eat there, but maybe another day.


We hung out at Best Buy for a little bit, because it is right across the street, and bought the LEGO Marvel game for the Xbox because we are full grown adults and we do what we want. 

Next we found ourselves at a used record store, because that is just so typical Kristen and Ross. I don't even know if it had a name. It was just kinda a hole-in-the-wall type place. The owner was really cool old dude. He ended up talking to Ross about all sorts of things, like how thug the hospital is, and how his daughter overcame her ADHD diagnoses by going to some school up in Arrowhead and now she is graduating top of her class. He was a chill dude. 




They had a cool mosaic on the wall and a ton of records that were only a couple bucks. They even cleaned a record for us to make sure that it played right. Good people.

I can't remember (seeing as how I am writing this in January) but we probably just spent the rest of the day playing LEGO Marvel. I have Teo to thank for that one because I was watching his Twitch stream of LEGO Marvel and I decided I really needed to play that game.

No comments:

Post a Comment