Saturday, March 1, 2014

Spring Break: Go Wild!

On Friday Ross finished his last exam of the first round of midterms. It's times like this when a little candle flame of hope flickers, and you gotta take advantage while you can.

Saturday some of our friends were celebrating a belated birthday by getting day passes at a nice resort. Ross and I didn't get the day pass, but that didn't stop us from hanging out on the beach and having a nice relaxing day.


The resort is on a small beach that I have never been to, Groom's beach.


It has a mix of white and black sand with decent shade (always a plus). The snorkeling was absolutely amazing. I've always just gone to Magazine beach for snorkeling, but I have been missing out all this time. I saw bright yellow fish, iridescent fish, striped fish, corals, and a sea fan forest. It's moments like that when I really wish I had an underwater camera.

It was so nice to sit in the sun and relax. I love pina coladas, and I have been trying them wherever I go. I got one at the resort (La Luna) and it was really really good.














Mmm. I felt so fancy sitting at the tiki bar sipping my drink staring over the chic pool out towards the beautiful water.


The friends that got the day passes got access to their paddleboards, kayaks, snorkel stuff, hobie cats, etc. They had fun taking them for a spin. The birthday girl Ida had fun doing some yoga while she was out.


Our friend Ethan took a couple pictures for us, no need for selfies today!


Eventually we headed home so we could get cleaned up and go out to dinner.

One guess where we went. Here is a hint.


Yes, none other than Schnitzel Haus! It was, amazing as always. We went with Ross's friend Ethan. He was joking that this was their Spring Break, so they could go all out.



Yeap, this is how we spring break, going to the beach and eating out. Haha. Ethan got an appetizer for us to share, and we all got desserts. I liked these even better than the apple strudel last time. Ross and I got an "Ice Pancake," ice cream in a crepe with whipped cream and a cherry. Ethan got "Hot Love" which was warm raspberries with vanilla ice cream and whipped cream. Since I was little I loved the combination of hot and cold in desserts (thanks dad!).


Let the record show that Ethan's shirt was not actually that tight. I honestly have no idea how the picture turned out like that. 

It was a truly unforgettable day. Lots of fun with great friends. 



No comments:

Post a Comment