Friday, February 28, 2014

Friday Faves: Lushies Anonymous

Hi friends.

Hi friend!

My name is Kristen and I have a problem.

LUSH. 

LUSH is the best

I blame it all on Brigette. She is a wonderful friend who has a terrible habit of getting me hooked on everything cool. You should all get a friend like her. Furthermore, this nasty habit is perpetuate by my other best friends, Kelli and Pip and Katie. Yeah, you two know why.

So scapegoating aside, LUSH is an amazing bath and body company. They have several schticks that raise them to a somewhat hipster status including vegan products, little to no packaging, ethical ingredient buying, and using recyclable materials. They have products who's proceeds go to charitable causes, and they are involved in various philanthropic endeavors world-wide.

I think that is all well and good, but the products in and of themselves are incredible. Yep, I'm driving this bandwagon y'all.

This is when I walk into a LUSH store.



At first glance, their products look pretty pricey. But you just have to remember what you are getting. A lot of their products last a long time. So in my opinion, you actually get a big bang for your buck.

Also, and this may be hard to hear, but it is time to grow up. When you are in high school and even college, I give you permission to have your drivers permit = Bath and Body Works. But there comes a time in your life (like your move from low-class IKEA) where your probationary period is over, and you move on to the good stuff. LUSH.

I too had my Bath and Body Works heyday. Please note the layers upon layers of B&BW in this photo, this wasn't even all of it.

















There is a purpose to this post, and its not because I am so incredibly good at blogging, alliteration, and themed days that I wanted to add a "Friday Faves" to my repertoire. It's because in my STBL, I resolved to write online reviews for 10 products. I know this seems weird, but I am a die hard review reader. It doesn't matter if it is a product I already own, one I want to buy, or a recipe I haven't tried, I have to read the reviews. And I finally decided to pay it forward.

Here are some products that I reviewed. Yes, I am woman enough to admit that all 10 were exclusively for LUSH products. Here are some of my favorites.



My top three favorite products from this collage:

1) Solid Shampoo Bars. I have officially tried 4 of their solid shampoo bars (and one on the way). Besides Squeaky Clean, which yanked my hair out, I love them. They are genius. One bar lasts me literally months of washing. It's small, compact, and light. So for an ex-pat like me it's a no brainer. They clean great, and they smell amazing. Just remember that they aren't 2-in-1 bars, I still follow with a conditioner. NEW! has been my favorite, it smells like Christmas in my shower!


It's not a secret that I have real problems with acne. I've tried lots of different things, but on a YouTube crusade to try something completely different, I found lots of videos of cleansing routines that involved LUSH products. With a shopping list and a lot of questions I went to LUSH when I was finally back in the states.

Here is the thing about LUSH employees, I think they are all on crack cocaine. Most of them are the hippest, happiest, most energetic people ever. They are more than happy to answer all of your questions, and let you try free samples. The woman at the store ended up giving me an hour long facial so I could try out about 8 different facial products. Needless to say it was the best day of my life (sorry wedding).

But that brings me to 2) Fresh Farmacy cleanser. This is a beautiful cleanser that leaves your skin feeling balanced and clean. It smells great too. I don't like cleansers that dry out my face too much, but I don't like ones that don't clean deep enough. Well look no further, Fresh Farmacy is your answer.


This post is getting long, and I could go on forever, but I will leave you gawking at the magical powers of LUSH's fresh face masks. They are about $7 and you get several applications from each one. Because they are so fresh, you can only get them in-stores and you must keep them in the fridge. I think it is best to share it with someone, since they only last two weeks you have to work quick.

I've tried a few different masks. All of them are different and all of them are amazing. I have no share-able photographic proof because I value my life more than posting pictures of my sisters and mom with the masks on. ;) Cosmetic Warrior is amazing, instantly made my skin look more even and less red. My mom was really impressed, but it smells like you washed your face in a garlic press. The smell wears off when you wash it off though, which, I guess if you love garlic, might make you a little sad. If you want to be on the safe side go with 3) Catastrophe Cosmetic, which is not a catastrophe at all but actually makes you want to eat your face because it smells like fresh blueberries!



Needless to say, by the time I am done in LUSH I walk out in love, excited, optimistic, and thinking:





No comments:

Post a Comment