Saturday, February 22, 2014

Day In & Day Out

I've been doing a lot of catch-up on my blog and it has given me a nice escape, remembering all the fun I had over Christmas break. Yeah, I live in a beautiful country, but the fact of the matter is I LIVE here. I work here, I clean here, I eat here, I sweat my guts out here, I miss the bus here, I haul 50 pounds of groceries on my tiny back up the flight of stairs here.

Fun trips to Carriacou and feeding mona monkeys aren't my day in and day out life. So shocking I know. Sometimes you have to do mundane errands on Saturday mornings like hunt down allergy pills.

Pharmacies here are kind of funny, maybe just funny because its too disconcerting?

Maybe.

When Ross and I were in Carriacou we asked the Pharmacist, at least I hope she was a pharmacist for some dramamine-esque pills. We only needed one so... she takes out this pill and puts it in a little baggy. No label, no orgin, just magically here was a tiny pill in a tiny baggy.

That is about what I was expecting when I hit up the nearest pharmacy.



This one is particularly small, it is part of a convenience store on the SGU bus route. I walked up to the man who (again) I assumed to be the pharmacist. He was wearing jeans and a t-shirt. I asked him for the this *shows bottle* and before I knew it he had a (this time) marked box of generic zyrtec. I was so ecstatic that I forgot I didn't have enough money for them. Once the man at the counter reminded me of this, I went back to the "pharmacist" and no problem, he just cut me 16 pills.

Not 30, 16.

Nothing a little bit of scissors can't fix. Also, I think that is braille on the outside.Cool.

Guess you can't see it too well on this super high quality photo. 















I got the goods, walked there and back. Said hi to some goats, and tried to travel fast before the sun rose too high. 

No comments:

Post a Comment