Saturday, February 22, 2014

Lazy Dayz

Some days in Grenada (mostly all of them) go by pretty slow. One question that I always get asked is
"What do you do all day?"
And yeah, there is always a bit of disdain in the delivery. People expect me to be really tan, or saving the world, or exponentially improving my resume, or at least be pregnant.

Buut, I'm not. I'm just lazy.



Or maybe I don't care? A couple Saturdays ago I was especially, disdainfully lazy/ apathetic.

I took about a dozen Zimbio quizzes.

I felt like I was in junior high all over again. Sneaking on the dial-up internet before my parents got mad that I was clogging up the phone line. Those were the days.

In my even younger days I subscribed to American Girl magazine and the second thing I would do when that glorious magazine came in the mail was look for any quizzes they might have (the first, mind you, was rip out what ever cool stickers or paper dolls they had).

It's all Teo's fault. He got me started with, "Which Hunger Games Character Are You?" quiz.

Any guesses for who I got? It's pretty obvious if you know me.


I was laughing so hard when I got this, there is not one thing on that description that is not me (IMO). It's like Zimbio had my DNA or something. So I figured, no harm in one more.

Or two,

Or three... or more.

And before long I knew it, everything I wanted to know about myself including what Muppet I am and which Sesame Street character I'd be.

Eye-opening.


What do you think? Me? At least the cookie part. Take it for yourself here.

Ross helping me in the kitchen will vouch for this one:



I mean, I do love a good sharp knife. 

Here is my character from Orange is the New Black. I won't judge you if you don't judge me: 

Why do so many of these involve foods?! Haha. I don't mind. 

Okay, here is the last one for now. I couldn't resist because it is my all time favorite young adult literature series! The Series of Unfortunate Events. I was very enthusiastic about getting Sunny.



When Ross eventually got home, I immediately made him take the ASOUE quiz. I just had to know who he would be. It didn't mean much to him because he never read the books and barely remembered the movie. But the results were even more atrocious than I could have imagined:


Thirteen books of unfortunate characters and he got Esme?! I was devastated. But when I read the description, I did feel a little better because every word could not be farther from the truth. I guess some of us are a little more read-able than others. The lesson we learn today is don't let Ross put the fate of his future in the hands of Zimbio. On the other hand, that wouldn't be such a bad idea for me.  






No comments:

Post a Comment