Friday, February 7, 2014

Happy 40th Grenada

Friday February 7th, 2014

Last year I was more into Grenada's Independence festivities.















This year, I think I am already just so checked out. Since I have been working a lot and it was super nice to have a day off (even if I had to go into work the next day). I was going to cook something out of my Grenada recipe book, I got the ingredients and everything! Buuut, last minute some friends invited us to go eat so we just did that instead. It was nice to see friendly faces and relax and hang out. I've kind of been a hermit lately.

















I still love how patriotic this little country is. At the end of January you can see all the green, yellow, and red start popping up. Banners, buntings, lights. Painted tires, painted trees, small childrens in adorable outfits.















This year the country celebrated 40 years of independence. That blows my mind. It is crazy to think that it is an event that so many people could remember. My own parents would have been about 17!

I did end up making some treats for work on Thursday. I'm pretty terrible at cake decorating, and I actually don't much care for making cupcakes, but I just felt it was necessary. So voila! Here they are.


They turned out pretty well, except for that hilarious frosting job.


No comments:

Post a Comment