Thursday, February 20, 2014

Happy Birthday Brigette!

I don't have many friends. And I know that part of this is because I am totally weird. Like TOTALLY.

Imagine. Just imagine for a second, having to be my best friend for 12 YEARS.

I feel like we have been through it all! We haven't always been literally by each others' side, but we've always been there for each other. That is the way friendship works.


For that fact alone, you know that she is going to be amazing. 

A friend holds the camera when I decide to make a reality show about pizza crusts.

A friend gets my lame jokes and laughs at them.

A friend visits me late at night when I'm sick of packing and not ready to go back to school.

A friend finds something else to do when the NYE dance is super lame. And then together we get to take strange pictures and get into trouble with creepy people.

A friend is the only one I will let be legitimately jealous of my PKHS-07-Lifetime-Warranty Watch (don't lie!).



























A friend will pose with you in your homemade Napoleon Dynamite shirt (I call it avant-garde).

And let you wear your leopard print sunglasses.

A friend will come over and make a birthday cake for inanimate objects cos you are kinda pathetic and really heart-broken.




A friend sells her firstborn child to send you massive amounts of LUSH products when you are living in a far away land.

A friend drives you to Warped Tour and walks around with you even though you look stupid with that free shirt wrapped around your neck like a sweat scarf.

A friend keeps your crafts even if they are a little special. 

A friend doesn't care that you used a Lisa Franktastic rainbow unicorn border around a photo collage. 

A best friend calls you out when you are being ridiculous, and forgives you anyways. 

A friend has a million memories and a dozen pictures that don't even touch the jokes there. 

Here us our classic first friends picture that will seriously never get old (hellloooo disposable camera film!).

And a picture from my wedding. I have no idea what is going on, but I love it. 

I was going through pictures of the two of us and we don't have a TON, considering we have been friends since we were 12. But then I thought about it. You don't take pictures when you go to the grocery store. You don't take pictures when you brush your hair. You don't take pictures when you eat dinner (well, sometimes you do). You don't take pictures of normal, natural things that you do day in and day out.

And that is our friendship. It will always be there, forever and ever. 


Happy Birthday to my best friend forever Brigette! I love you so much. You are so beautiful and talented and intelligent and funny! You make my world go round, and I know that I could never go through all I have without you.

Here is to the year left before we "die."


No comments:

Post a Comment