Saturday, March 29, 2014

Just Thoughts

Today has been a bit if a melancholy day. My parents and sister headed back to the states after their week long vacation here in Grenada. Now I'm sitting here feeling a mix of emotions. 

I was really sad to see them leave, of course. They were barely here 6 days which is simply not enough. I mean, one can never have enough time to relax and snorkel or stare out at the beautiful sea. There was so much more to do.

I was also sad to see them go for more selfish reasons, like needing their unconditional love a friendship so close by. Their sweet hotel and rental car were nice perks too! ;) 


After Ross and I dropped them off for their early flight we headed back to the hotel to chill out and nap until we could check out for them. After a nap I wandered out to their kitchen that opens out to the gorgeous Grand Anse beach. Like an old timer reminiscing the good ol' days, I rocked on the porch and stared out at the rolling waves. 


My life is a bit nuts. And when I have these perfect moments in my imperfect life, it really hits me. Perfect moments like sitting next to Ross, munching on leftover (amazing) Dove chocolate ice cream bars, staring at that gorgeous blue water; I realize how dang lucky I am. 

Blessed, lucky, fortunate, call it whatever, but it's all mine. 

  • A family that will literally travel across half the globe to see me, saving money for dinners at Schnitzel Haus, sacrificing luggage space to bring me Samoas, jelly beans, and beef jerky. A family that near or far, where ever they are, will always be there for me. 
  • A beautiful sea and white sand beach at my feet. 
  • An amazing best friend and husband who every once in a while I get to hang out with. 

It's just crazy how much I miss them already. Two months ago it was "hang in there until mom and dad and Ali get here," and now they are gone, Ross and I are just kinda blown away at everything. Just less than 7 weeks and we are outta here for good.



I remember last year at this time, feeling so hopeless that I would never get off this rock. I remember two weeks ago feeling so hopeless that I would never get off this rock. And today it somehow feels so much more tangible. So much closer. With work picking up and packing up, I no longer take the time left lightly.

2 comments:

  1. Everyone says it will go by quickly, but it's still shocking when it's over and done. 7 more weeks...I can't believe you guys are almost done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you believe that you have been back in America for 3 months?! :)

      Delete