Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Mollusks? & Life Lessons: Family Visit Day 3

Tuesday morning we headed to Pandy beach. One of my favorites.



I don't think I will ever get sick of these waves movies I take (or my Dad takes).

My parents had a good laugh when they saw the sea glass literally littering the shore. The glass that was yesterday so elusive, was sitting in plain sight. Haha. 

There is lots of interesting sea glass, but I like the alternative route. Finding stuff that isn't sea glass. I'm never really happy until I find something to impress my parents (see: Urchel), and I am happy to report I found a real stumper!



What is that thing?! A mollusk of sorts? The curious thing, as you might be able to see, is that it is wrapped around the branch. I found it on the shore, dry. The little thing is dry and hard like a shell. There was another one, just a few inches down on the branch. And after a little more walking on the beach I found another one, near a branch, but not attached. My dad has since brought it back to CA and gave it to his marine biologist friends. I will keep you updated, since I know you are waiting with bated breath.

One of my favorite things of the past week since my parents left is finding these little Daddy The Science Guy gems from his videos I snagged.


Tuesday we also had the honor of Ross's presence. He hasn't been slacking nearly enough, so I'm trying to remind him how to do that. If there is one thing Ross will skip studying for, it's snorkeling. Snorkels, masks, and fins in flipper hand we headed to Groom's Beach.






















Pretty big fans of the beach.



We traded off snorkeling, swimming, and lounging.


Ross and I decided to climb around on the rocks. 

 

We saw a dude snorkeling in the water just in front of us, and then the man tried to get our attention. We couldn't understand what he was saying, but his pushy and adamant tone made it seem important. After a few moments of listening over the waves we understood. He was telling us not to climb on the rocks because the whole cliffside could come crashing down on us at any moment.

....

Typical Grenada. Love it or hate it, Grenadians have a way of parenting all children, even if those children are adults. Even if that cliffside would also probably crush him, seeing as how he was swimming about ten feet from where we were walking.

Confused, we wandered back to sandy, less perilous shores. He made sure to track us down, get out of the water, and give Ross a talkin' too!

I've immortalized his words in text so that we never forget his sage advice:


We ended the day at Grille Master. An inexpensive, rather delicious, fast-food type place. "Fast-food type" because, this is the Caribbean after all. I got a cordon bleu burger which was delicious, but I think all of us ended up envying Ross's jerk chicken wrap. Another awesome day of vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment