Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Forts & Facts, Kinda: Family Visit Day 4

I'm not going to name names, but on Wednesday the not-so-brightest-crayon in the pack locked herself in her apartment. No. Didn't lock her car keys in the car, but was physically trapped in her apartment. That's all i'm going to say on that.

After that fiasco, we headed to the forts above St. George's, after some missed turns and tight squeezes we made it.

Fort Frederick was first.


Since we paid for entrance (this time) I decided to be the tour guide for the family, which meant I just read aloud the few plaques on the premise. I also made up some facts and history because #PalmdaleIndianMuseum.


Beautiful views of St. George's and the south side of the island.



The forts are fun to visit because you can walk around in all the nooks and crannies, or just take a short walk and enjoy the view. I love history, and I love thinking about what it would've been like to live in a time like that. I got my Asian on and took a picture of the plaque you so you could feel like you were there. I think this bit of history is especially funny/ interesting.



Most people in this world that know me (and ya, probably some who don't know me) don't understand me. They don't understand my odd sense of humor, weird sarcasm, and quirky characteristics. But my family, they get it. My sister and I decided the Fort Frederick, with those killer arches, was perf for some senior pictures! Dad joined in too. That little look on his face just kills me!


I remember looking at pictures with my Grandpa when I was younger. There were lots of 1960s quality scenery shots of vacation places like Yellowstone. I remember my grandpa kind of chuckling to himself and looking at me and telling me how much he wished he would've taken more photos of people and not places. Because looking back 40 years later, the shots of the camping site picnic table don't really mean anything.

I've thought about that a lot, so now I always try to get lots of pictures of people. And if my mom is up for a picture, I take a thousand! She is so beautiful I don't get why she always refuses.



As you can see on the left, my dad took every opportunity he could to make pirate faces in pictures. Speaking of pirates. Got a little pirat-spiration and took this picture.


I think we really nailed it!

Next we headed over to Fort Matthew, which is a lot more interesting, and apparently has a lot less humongous piles of guano.


We had fun poking around the underground tunnels and secret gardens. 


I can't stand how cute my mom is! 


We all chuckled a little bit about what a dangerous place this was, decrepit walls, rotting wood, 2x4s with tetanus nails swinging in the breeze. It's kinda fun to not have security guards breathing down your back and ropes blocking off dangerous tunnels. Definitely not much of a UNESCO world heritage site going on here.


When the Civil Engineer saw this, she just shook her head.

For dinner we got some chicken at KFC, picked up Ross from school, and went out to Quarantine Point for a picnic. I thought it would be a good place to watch the sunset.

I'm omitting this story, because I am still a little traumatized; despite that cute smile on her face, I think she is too. 


Dinner was good and it was fun to watch the sunset.


I guess I am slightly obsessed with my parents.

And since this is my blog I can put as many cutesy pictures of me and Ross as I want. It's nice to not have a selfie every once in a while. 


I love Quarantine Point, it has nice views of Grand Anse beach and BBC beach.


And a nice creeper shot of the hotel.



I'm pretty jealous of my dad's panoramic photo capabilities.



It was another great day, and I can't believe they have already been here for 4 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment