Monday, March 24, 2014

Sweetie! Schnit, and Urchel: Family Visit Day 2

I decided that Monday was a good day to get an early start and show the parents around downtown St. George's. 

It was a simple and quick trip because it can be a bit taxing to wander with deathly hot streets at your feets, "sunshine" "sweetie" "no charge for looking" in your face, and spice necklaces up your nose.



My sister and I did what we do best and made fun of all the cruisers aka 60+ers that get grabby for souvenirs. Sorry g-ma but I promise your granddaughter doesn't want that sparkle flip flop key chain, so stop stressin'.

However, Ali and I found these super neat-o souvenirs. Cass, you know which picture is for you! We made it a two fer ... or a three fer if you decide you like that cute duck face I made.

Highlights of our downtown romp include:
  • Not getting ripped off
  • My favorite honey roasted peanuts 
  • Gelato
  • Clearance fruit roll ups
  • Batik fabric
  • And a chocolate truffle shake that took longer to acquire than consume
and
  • making my parents remember how fragile life is by walking through the Sendall Tunnel. 

We went back to the hotel and went for a little swim in the front yard. No kiddie pool required.

Highlights include: 

  • looking for sea glass
  • finding a pet sea urchin


Finding and playing with Urchel (whom, yes, I just named right now) was pretty fun. I honestly never thought sea urchins would be so playful. If I was a real mermaid, this would be my pet of choice. 


We made a reservation at Schnitzel Haus for dinner. I'm sure all of you know how on the fence I am about this restaurant (<-- sarcasm="">

Highlights include:
  • Photo Op at dusk in the Carenage
  • Everything at Schnitzel Haus
I love the way the setting sun highlights the vibrant colors of the Carenage.



Beautiful people in beautiful places, about to eat some beautiful food. 


Sisters are the best!

Who do you think is older? Me or Ali?

No comments:

Post a Comment