Thursday, March 27, 2014

Belmont Estate: Family Visit Day 5

We decided that Thursday would be a really great day to go to the north side of the island. We hired a free chauffer *cough* Ross *cough* who was really great. Highly recommend.


First stop was Belmont Estate, which if I may add, we navigated to flawlessly!



Dad, Mom, and Ali went on the Cocoa Tour, Ross and I opted out since we had both already been on it.



Ross and I found some sweet chairs and chilled in the shade.


I'm a little glad I didn't go, because it looks like they made Ali do work.




We wanted to go on my favorite Garden Tour, but the woman wasn't there. I was really pretty sad about that, but somewhere within me, I found tour guide Kristen. You can almost see the pain in her eyes.



We had fun though, and kept it short because it was getting pretttttty hot.
Earlier in the day we had tried to see the monkeys at Grand Etang, but those little buggers are the worst non-humans ever. I even looked all around for bananas (only coming up with plantains) to try and cajole them. I don't have time nor patience for those uppity things. Anyways, Dad was happy he still saw a monkey, even if it was in a cage.



After our tour(s) we snacked on some chocolate. It's funny because I never much liked dark chocolate before coming here. But after I tried some of the chocolate from Belmont, I am absolutely in love.


Next we headed to some beaches on the north side of the island.

No comments:

Post a Comment