Monday, January 28, 2013

QW # 11

Just another Manic Monday!

Except... not really. I remember with vagueness the awful nature of that first "real" day of the week when the world starts turning again and it is the nose to the grind stone.

That was post-Caribbean living. When I had a job and school and a million other things to do. Life sometimes gets busy here, but never does it ever hold a candle to the chaotic mess I always seemed to get myself into back in the States.

http://life-love-laughter.tumblr.com/post/10837834843
"You're off to great places. Today is your day. Your mountain is waiting, so get on your way."
-Dr. Seuss-

On this not-so-manic Monday I am reflecting on what will become of me in the upcoming months. What are some projects I will throw myself at what mountains do I have to climb? Last term I did a lot with PAM. But now that is over, I will find another way to volunteer.

Think of a mountain. Climbing a mountain is tough! The path might get steep, the trail may narrow and be rocky. There might be times when you think you can't go on and you just want to stop and catch your breath -just like life. But when you get to the top of that mountain think of how proud you will be, and just imagine the view!

And best of all, think of all the mountains you can see from the top, you can save those for another day. ;)

I think of what metaphorical mountains I have in my life. They are great opportunities and learning experiences that require work and effort. And oh yes, you can bet that they are scary. But when you get to the top you have a fulfilling sense of accomplishment.

So wake up and put on your hiking shoes. Today is the day to climb your mountain. No more standing at the bottom looking up, get on your way!

2 comments:

  1. Inspiring words and post. I think we all have mountains like this in our life... the unknowns and we have no idea how it will turn out, but somehow often times we come out on top and become better people. Thanks Kristen. :) Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Dr. Seuss quotes. They make sense at every age! :)

    This term will go by so quickly, and we can put up with anything, because we see the end in sight! This is how I feel anyway. I think, per our bus conversation, it seems that you're feeling pretty close to the same way I'm feeling. :)

    I'm happy we have become friends, too! It makes it so much easier to have great people around during this, not so manic journey that we're on.. For the husbands it's nuts, but for us, it's so quiet and calm, most of the time.

    ReplyDelete