Thursday, January 24, 2013

Mt. Carmel (Christmas Break 2012)

For an outdoors lover like me Grenada is awesome.

Like I mentioned, I remember without fondness where I have been in past Januaries. And I would rather be loving "winter" Grenada weather than scratching ice off my car in sub degree weather!

Our next adventure was to Mt. Carmel. I have also been to Mt. Carmel, earlier last term.
Mt. Carmel involves a short-ish hike, a big waterfall (not jump-able), and a natural rock water slide!

The trail was an absolute sloppy mess. It was insanely muddy and the best tactic in some portions was to give up and slide.

I took this picture from my friend Nicole. I love little Baby Leia hanging on for dear life. Sean is a trooper.



First we hiked to the huge, gorgeous waterfall.






















Did I mention that it was really muddy? The water was pretty muddy too.

















Next we hiked to the water slides! It was fun, the water was just a little muddier and pretty cold. Ross loved it. I think he could've stayed in all day.
















To get to the top of the slides you have to hike up the trail a little bit and over. Because there were so many of us going back and forth the trail turned into such a mess. The only hope we had was to grab on to random vines and roots hoping that they wouldn't snap prematurely. Haha. I thought it was hilarious and tons of fun but others, I guess not so much.

Fortunately much of the trail got some good sun and had dried a little. The trail is that really thick clay type mud.

















On this hike you can see the ocean peaking out every once and a while!

















Once again I am so grateful for friends who give us rides to have fun adventures like this. Living in the Caribbean Ross and I have a once in a lifetime adventure, we just have to make the most of the short time we have.


No comments:

Post a Comment