Saturday, January 26, 2013

Fort Matthew (and Frederick)

The two forts are right across from each other!

Here at Fort Matthew you can look across and see Fort Frederick.

Am I the only one that finds these Christmas decoration remnants creepy/ unsettling/ not jolly at all? 

From my understanding Fort Matthew was a fort turned asylum turned bar. Classic. Creepy. Crumbled. Perfect! There are lots of tunnels to explore. Good thing we brought flashlights. 

The bar is in the room next to this one. I guess it isn't opened in the middle of the day. Dang. 

There were several of these signs in the corridor. I wonder if this is a frequent problem here? Haha. 


Ross exploring a tiny tunnel.

I have tons of pictures from Fort Matthew because there was so much to explore and discover.

Mostly I just want to know who the lucky person is that gets this room reserved for them.

I wonder what this room was used for...

Down some dark creepy tunnels.
dun nun nun nun dun nun nun nun...

BATMAN!!!

There were a few bats flying around, hanging around, doing their thing. 
I think maybe this used to be a row of cells? Actually, I am sure it is, you gotta kind of make up stories at places like this to have a fun time. :)

















Direct TV was a big hit with the prisoners, so Ross went to go check it out.






















Ross trapped in a cell, afraid because I guess there wasn't Direct TV after all.






















Again, absolutely beautiful views, especially after the rain cleared up a little bit.

















And one more picture from the Fort!

















After Ross and I went to the beach for a little bit before we got rained out. Then we headed to Rick's Cafe to hang out with some awesome friends who are also going into Term 2. It was a fun way to end the day.

1 comment:

  1. This is a terrible photo of me. For a lot of reasons. But, I digress.

    The craziest part about this photo is there are four med students in it- and two are still in term one.. Two moved on. What kind of crap is that! 50/50, i mean.. Dang. I just hope that it's not usually that way.

    ReplyDelete