Thursday, January 24, 2013

Downtown Part 2: Christmas Break Adventures

Here we go! Part two of Downtown Adventures.

Ross and I had talked about going to Fort George but decided we didn't want to walk up the huge hill to get to the fort. I wanted to check out this church because I have a weird fascination with crumbling buildings. Seriously. Ask me about it sometime.



















It is the St. Andrew's Presbyterian Kirk. Which means "church" in Scottish. Who knew that my peoples were in Grenada?


















You couldn't go in, so I just took some pictures. It was a bit hard to capture.















Ross- obsessed with the cruise ships.














As many of you may be thinking... yes... we had already hiked up that huge hill we thought we were too lazy to climb. The church is right next to Fort George! We are so clever.

We tried to sneak by the little guard shack but you can bet that with TWO cruise ships in, there would be a Grenadian charging you to enter. She didn't even give me change. Rude.

That made me cranky so I tried to get my monies worth but ... it was kinda lame.




























It is sad but I think this country still has a ton of damage from Hurricane Ivan that blew through in 2004.














The biggest draw for me would be the incredible 360 views. Here we are making Port Louis look good in a rare stranger-taken-full-body-shot.

















Overlooking downtown St. George. You can see the Esplande Mall and the Presbyterian Church.














After the fact my friends told me that SGU students don't have to pay. Salt in the wound. Haha. If I ever go back I'm sneaking in the back way... but you didn't hear that from me.


















It was turning out to be a long day so Part 3 is coming right up...

No comments:

Post a Comment