Thursday, August 6, 2015

Summer Crafts

Summer vacation means fun trips but also some alone time with my crafts. It means you simply have more hours in the day. And when it comes to crafting, that is all I need. Time.

June and Cassie's wedding celebrations really gave me a push to use in Silhouette in a variety of ways. First at the Bridal Shower, and beyond (below)!

Envelope and embellishment for the beach themed gift we gave as siblings.

Wedding cake card, so happy to finally use this pattern that has been sitting in my library for 7 months now. I knew it would come in handy. 

Also, I wanted to learn how to reversible knit for this amazing scarf pattern I saw on Ravelry. It is intense but it is the coolest thing I maybe have ever seen in my life. I would list it but it just might be a Christmas gift if I can pull it off. I wanted to learn to knit, so I did. 

I need to practice, but I think that's a pretty good start! 

Inspired by cats and Teo, I made this little cross stitch scrap. Maybe someday it will find it's way on a scrap of fabric to live it's life as a bookmark. I'm fairly please with the way it turned out. 


"You've cat to be kitten me right meow!" Is pretty much my response to the idea that my summer vacation is over and I have to start work again. 




No comments:

Post a Comment