Friday, June 5, 2015

Bridal Shower Decorations

When I have a vision, it is going to happen. And never before have I had such a complete plan and vision than for my little sister's bridal shower! That may sound so dramatic but it is a very exciting time you see. 

My best friend Brigette did an absolutely amazing job with my bridal shower years ago. She is also a woman with a plan and vision, most particularly when it comes to the planning and execution of parties. I drew from her strength and ambition on this one. 

I thought an "Up" (Disney Pixar movie) would be a great inspiration for the party. It's all about love, traveling, and adventure (yes we are overlooking the tragic first five minutes of the movie). 


Balloons, bright colors, and maps were quickly in order. Here's my crafting progress so far. 

I've been crocheting these cute little balloons. I like all the color they bring in. I think I will put them in a vase with some candies for a table decoration. 


I continue to be obsessed with my Silhouette machine, the main reason I wanted to write this post. I'm getting the hang of it but I know there is still so much more I am missing. Here is the process of cutting and assembling different labels for all the toppings for the yogurt bar. 


As nerdy as this sounds, it is pretty fun to watch the machine do it's work. Here is a little video. 


Recently I added a "pix scan" mat to my Silhouette supplies. I used it for the project above as well as this one. I found this Up! house printable on this blog. It's super cool and I am grateful for talented people who make stuff for free. You inspire me! Since the printable is very detailed, I thought I would let me pix scan do the work. Here is that process. 


It wasn't exact, but I also didn't calibrate it and it was still good enough for me. I am working on the assembly. I think it would be fun to have some balloons coming out of the top and use it for another decoration. 

This next project I'm super proud of. Using a template I re-sized and engineered this insert to hold a cupcake as a favor for our party guests.


The cupcakes were drama in and of themselves. But I will spare you and just share some pictures of the finished products. They turned out maybe too adorable. 


Oh and also, when Ross is enlisted in a project, he takes it very seriously. 


I've been going a little overboard with the decorations and staying up past 1am almost every night this week. It's hard to be so creative and have so many good ideas. :) But everything is coming together very nicely. I am excited for it all to come together.




No comments:

Post a Comment