Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Back on the Bus

Tonight Ross left in a rush and forgot his ID badge. It's not the end of the world, but I figured it would make his life a lot easier if he had it.

So....

Back on the bus.


The bus gives you lots of good ideas for science projects. Mostly involving Petri dishes. 

Just when I thought my bus days were over for good.

But it was an easy trip and a pretty night.



On the way home I let this guy use my phone to make some calls to his wife. He had a pay as you go phone. Out of minutes and confused by how to access his voicemail, I figured it wasn't a big deal to me.

Maybe letting a stranger borrow my phone wasn't the safest move. But on the hour long ride home I thought about it. Does it really matter? IF he decided to make a break for it and steal it, I'd be out a phone.

And...

Nothing else. My photos are backed up. I don't have any sensitive information on there. And I could get my own pay as you go phone. I'm getting sick of stuff. Stuff is just stuff remember? Instead of thinking of my stuff- for some crazy reason- I decided to trust a stranger, who need the help.
Why? Maybe because I still believe in the humans in humanity, or at least want to. Maybe because I have been there before, many times. In need of a phone and also just in need of help and at the mercy of strangers.

It wasn't altruistic. I hope it was just human.




No comments:

Post a Comment