Thursday, June 11, 2015

Til Surgery Do Us Part

I can't help but be incredibly pessimistic at times about medical school and it's discontents (me). There are times when things are just really tough. For both of us. Ross is currently in his surgery rotations. His last rotations of his 3rd year of school.

Remember this post? Here's the update.
The core rotations for the 3rd year are:
Internal Medicine
Family Medicine
OB/GYN
Pediatrics
Psychiatry
Surgery
OB/GYN had some pretty entertaining stories. But not to be outdone by psychiatry.

But now it is all about surgery rotations. Surgery is in general famous for it's egotistical doctors and early hours and long days. It has been tough. Ross keeps thinking that the next surgery rotation will bring a more reasonable schedule. But I learned long ago that you never get your hopes up, no matter what Ross's best intentions and hopes are. It works out nicely that I'm the cynical one.

But I love that kid and it made me laugh/ cry when I saw our calendar.



Never has Ross been one to cross off days on a calendar. But in the surgery rotation- it's a must. Because every day is a victory.

Although surgery is maybe making him taking things too seriously. Like going full MD on this tiny splinter I had. You NEVER GO FULL MD!



Medical School means that life will never be normal. Amazon, please stop with the USMLE prep book recommendations. Please continue with the cookbooks.



Selfies without breaking the sterile field. Good luck.



All I know, is that in medical school it is not likely that death will separate a marriage. But surgery rotation just might.





No comments:

Post a Comment