Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Silhouette Craft Machine

Last November I treated myself to a Silhouette Cameo electronic cutting machine. I've had my eye on it for years now, and I only became more determined to own one. They always have killer deals on Black Friday, so I kept my ear to the ground, determined to find the best deal.

Needless to say, I did. And I made it happen.

I was a little hesitant to use it at first. I found great joy in just staring at it in awe from across the room. After a little pushing from Ross, I experimented with it. Definitely a learning curve with all the trial and error, but here are some fun things that I have made so far.

Happy Birthday Card- Putting all my floral paper to good use.



Graduation Thank You Card- Color scheme turned out perfect.



This one is a little more fancy. It is an "explosion box." It folds up into a box and when you take the lid off it unfolds. Awesome for a group because there is lots of space to write.



Happy Birthday Pop-up card. This one had some little pieces that needed to be just right. I am learning the importance of a good and manageable glue. 


Happy Birthday swing-out card. Once you get your head wrapped around the design, it isn't too bad. Pretty clever design.



I've been having a lot of fun so far and I'm excited to keep learning. It seems like the possibilities are endless. 



No comments:

Post a Comment