Saturday, April 25, 2015

Game Time: Step 2 CS

After a full day of studying, driving, eating, more studying, and crashing...

It was GAME TIME. I think I was more anxious than Ross was. We both kinda joked that i'm not allowed to come anymore because I stress Ross out more than the actual exam does.


As I dropped Ross off at the testing center I was very happy to bump into our old friends from Grenada! What an awesome surprise. We caught up for a moment but they were headed to Disneyland so we agreed to meet up after the guys were done.

While Ross took his exam, I headed to The Valley to hang out with my grandparents. I know I was just there last weekend, but I'm all about seizing the moment. I was thinking I would just hang out and tag along to whatever they were up to, but they had a full day planned for me!

We hung out a little, I helped my grandma sort through some projects, and my grandma showed me some old pictures. I always enjoy seeing photos and hearing stories. I think my grandma figured I had heard enough from my grandpa on his birthday, it was her turn!



I'm kind of obsessed with the top left picture of my grandma when she was so little. She just looks so happy. I like imagining what it must have been like to be my grandma growing up in the Utah countryside back in the day.


Grandma told me that she always wore her hair parted in the center in two braids. She said she didn't like it in her face bothering her. Sounds like something my mom would say. 


Above are my great-grandparents. I remember my great-grandpa really well, I never met my great-grandma. But my mom was very close with both of them and spent a lot of time with them while she was living in Utah as an adult. 

Speaking of my mom...


It is so fun to see my mom as a little baby. Mom's were kids once too, and they have a mom who took care of them! On the right you have my mom, aunt, and uncle next to a huge squash my great-grandpa grew and brought down to California for them. That squash is huge. I think it's funny, "Hey kids, go stand by that squash!"

Can't resist a nice 70's photo. I like my mom's dressy outfit. So snazzy. 


Grandpa was getting a little restless so we headed out. Bookstore. Food. Sopping. And more shopping. We went to the library used bookstore and my grandma said I could have as many books as I liked. Woo hoo. Of course I got at least one cookbook. 



We ate at my favorite Chinese food place. We always go through the back door and now that I kinda look at it, it's definitely a little sketchy looking. But the food is always amazing.

I kept telling my grandparents they didn't have to do all this stuff for me but they insisted saying, "We can sit at home on our butts any day!"

We also stopped at Ross and the new 99 Cents Only store. Which, I don't think I have ever blogged about, but it's definitely my favorite store in the world. Yeah. Before I left to pick up Ross I was loaded up with hand-me downs, fresh oranges, lunch leftovers, books, 4 new pairs of slacks for Ross, groceries, and probably at least two other things I'm forgetting. I said goodbye and headed to the 405 to sit in traffic for about an hour or so.

When we met up with the Cox family, we were all pretty hungry so it didn't take much debate to convince them we should return to the scene of our crime from last weekend in .... Culver City. No pictures, just pure good scarf-age. I was happy that they loved it as much as we did.

After dinner the Coxs had to start their long journey back, and Ross and I weren't exactly eager to jet home. We decided to kill some time in Santa Monica at the Promenade. Pretty sure I need this Flash action hero.


This is my "Yay!! He's done!!!!" face. That's his, "Yay. I'm done. Time to catch up on *yawn* sleep" face. 


Ross said the exam was pretty tricky. And much more difficult than what he had practiced, but he thinks he did well. He will for sure find out in about a month. 

Until next time- I'm looking at you Step 2 CK!

No comments:

Post a Comment