Sunday, April 5, 2015

Easter and New Beginnings

Easter has always been one of my very favorite times of year. There is something so fantastic about Spring. The promise of warmer weather and crisp air. Baby animals and new beginnings. The whole earth in bloom (okay let's be honest California is still struggling).


Easter is also a time to remember our Savior Jesus Christ. His suffering but more importantly, His resurrection. The wonderful thing about being a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of latter-Day Saints (I'm a Mormon!), is that every day can be Spring. Every day can be a new beginning and the start of something new.


I'm a pretty okay person, but every day I can try to be better. And that is because Jesus Christ lives!
I watched this video in church last Sunday and was very impressed.


I really liked all the snippets of people. I find myself wanting to pause at every little moment and think of who that person is and what is going on in their life. My favorite quote from the video is:
"He is here. No matter who you are, or who you were. He is here. No exceptions. No lost causes."
I think people sometimes misunderstand religion. Religion doesn't mean I have it all figured out. And it definitely doesn't mean I have a constant stream of happiness and rainbows in my life.

Believing in Jesus Christ doesn't mean my problems are solved. To me, religion is a sometimes nothing more than a peaceful feeling, a twinkle of "you are loved" felt in my heart. It's knowing that life doesn't always work out, but His love is always there. Even when we don't think so, even when we are unlovable. He is here.


Whether you believe in Christ or not, I hope you find peace and love in your day today!



No comments:

Post a Comment