Saturday, April 4, 2015

Family, Family: Read All About It- Easter 2015

Even though it feels like I have been back from Grenada for a while, last year at this time Ross and I were celebrating Easter with only a few weeks left in Grenada. And the year before that we celebrated with our friends the Fergusons, at the kite festival at Pearls Airport, Grenada. I don't know where time goes, but it is kind of fun that every year the holidays bring something completely different.

This year my sister Rissa flew in, so it was great fun being able to hang out with her! She flew in Friday night and Ross and I were able to drive to Palmdale Friday night as well. We made great time (TGIF!).

Saturday we finished food preparations, helped clean the church building, and headed toward my grandparent's home, where cousins aunt and uncles were. Also, at some point I educated my sister about the emoji keyboard and enabled it for her. Soon after I get this text.



Nice.

When we got up to the cabin we found an absolutely beautiful day with a nice crisp breeze. I love being around family. It is always such a joy. While Ross was out on the porch with my dad he spotted some creepy looking creatures.



Trust me, it is better that you can't see them. Turns out they are turkey vultures. Weird.



My dad checking them out, Mr. Outdoors.

We ate early and the food was delicious as ever. My uncle made some amazing ribs! Among the spread we also had a great southwest themed salad, seafood salad, corn on the cob, and quite possible the worlds best mac in cheese. Just thinking about it is making my mouth water.

Food is an integral part of family gatherings. I ate way too much and wasn't even disgusted at my gluttony. That's how disgusting I am.



Hanging out with my guilt-free gluttony and grandparents' cat.



Later in the day Julie had a craft for us to do and it was fun to see how creative everyone got!



Lots of talent in this family. We can't just make boring bunny mobiles.There were double-decker buses, wind-up cars, snow mobiles, and mini vans.



I liked Ross's tractor. Maybe a nod to his grandparents & their farm in Idaho, maybe just because he wanted to use two ding dongs.



The fun wasn't over yet. I guess my cousins had some how convinced our aunt that we needed an egg hunt. Being the wonderful Aunt that she is, she stuffed over 80 eggs and with my dad's help they went out and hid them. Just like the olden days when we would line up baskets in hand ready to be let out of the house to search for eggs.

Ross, being deprived of many egg hunts in his childhood, enjoyed hunting for eggs.



The hiding places were pretty sneaky. Can you spot the eggs?


Californians are really good at pretending. The weather was perfect during the day, but cooled down a little at night, so of course we had to have a fire. Haha. Like it was really that cold? Yeah not really. But it was still fun. I was really sad to go. Somethings never change... like throwing a fit when you have to leave grandma and grandpa's house.

Happy Easter everyone!!





No comments:

Post a Comment