Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Crochet Crazy

I don't really seem to be slowing down much. I'm full-blown crochet crazy.

I have had some time off from work and I am perfectly content with sitting in my pajamas all day and crocheting while watching some stupid show on Netflix. I don't think that makes me a particularly interesting person, but I am still a little bitter I'm not in New York this week on some fabulous adventure so whatever. I'm still trying to catch up with myself from that awful week of work I had before finals. Just thinking about it makes me want to curl up in a ball and cry.


Instead of crying, I'm just awesome. I put the finishing touches on this little pony-pattern turned unicorn. Ross calls it the Rasta Unicorn and I would have to agree. I love how wild the mane is. 

I'm also trying my hand at this Ewok at Ross's request. It is a little tricky but things were going well until I got to the lips. Hand embroidering on amigurumi is one of my least favorite parts of the process. I was pretty irritated when I spent all that time and they still looked awful. On the left is mine, on the right is the pattern... obviously. 


I know it's hideous but a part of me just can't admit defeat and rip out the stitches to try again. For now this project is in time out. 

Moving on. I really love this little kawaii cactus pot. It ended up being a lot larger than I thought, but nevertheless very cute.


I decided to mix it up with different flowers and faces. Like a whole little family! Since it is a little too big for my desk at work I think I will just keep it at home. 


No comments:

Post a Comment