Thursday, August 6, 2015

29 Again

As I was picking up ingredients for Ross's birthday celebration I saw some candles. Silver and glittery they wrote out
"29 Again"



Too soon for this year? Can I use the "29" this year, then "again" for every birthday after that? Sounds like a good investment. 

I grew up with birthdays being a big deal. That may be part of the reason why I still make them such a big deal. Maybe why I rarely blog about them- because it is simply too much for a single blog post and overwhelms me. But here we go.

Ross's birthday festivities begun in Riverside at Farrell's Ice Cream Parlour (& restaurant!). Where for some reason we bothered to get real food (it was meh) before we shoved our faces with ice cream sundaes. We stared at the menu for entirely too long. When there are so many options can you really just pick one? Well, you can't. Luckily Ross got hooked up with a birthday sundae so we had plenty to go around. This was only after Ross continually denied my pleas for "The Zoo," (Or any one of their insane "Belly Busters"). The Zoo is brought out buy the very charismatic wait staff on a stretcher with much fan fare. The sundae is 30 scoops of ice cream. YES thirty. Also chocolate sauce, strawberry topping, marshmallow topping, whipped cream, sprinkles, cherries, and bananas. Maybe next time.



Instead we got the "Gold-Digger" with butter pecan ice cream, butterscotch sauce, bananas, whipped cream, and a cherry. Delicious! When they brought out the Birthday Boy's birthday sundae about 5 waiters came out to serenade Ross with their version of "YMCA," because, as they stated, "he obviously looks like a gym rat so he probably like to work out at the .... YMCA!" And they went into the song. Haha. It was a really fun experience but I still have my eye on that Zoo.



Afterwards we went to buy our tickets for Mission Impossible 5: Rogue Nation.



The movie started a little later than we thought so we killed some time at the mall. Ross looks so special in this hat- mostly because we realized long after dinner that he was still wearing around his happy birthday sticker like a dork. But he insisted.



Mission Impossible was really great. I thought I like the last one, Ghost Protocol, but this one was even better. I felt like the comedy and plot and action was even better!

It wouldn't be Ross's birthday without his traditional and favorited no-bake cheesecake. This time I fancied it up with some raspberries and Danish Dessert topping.


He got a bunch of prezzies. I can't even remember them now. Subway and Burger King gift cards, AMC gift cards, lots of money (we had an August birthdays party at my grandma picbelow), and even the COMPLETE STAR WARS SAGA on Blu Ray! What a lucky kid. And lucky for me that I get to spend his birthday with him. 


Here's to the rest of forever being "29 Again." (I really should've got those candles)



No comments:

Post a Comment