Monday, August 24, 2015

Early Halloween

Remember Christmas in September? When Christmas comes early it's assumed to be a happy thing. When Halloween comes early, it's a scary thing.

A really
scary
terrifying
frightening

thing.



It looks like this:


Horrifying right?

I just dropped a bunch of cash on what I like to call "capital investment." For some time I've been toying with the idea of opening an Etsy shop. My Etsy evolution started like this:

1) Oh cool idea.

2) Wait, you can sell THAT for that?!

3) Other people telling me, "You could do that!"

4) To me telling me, "I could do that!"

To 5) never actually doing that. But I gave it really a lot of thought.

When I saw that Joann's had a huge yarn clearance, I gave it a little more thought. It would be a relatively small investment compared to what I had previously anticipated. And I thought it was time to take the final leap and make a commitment that would push me to start something.

Now I am sitting here in a living full of yarn wondering what I have done. It's this calmness between
"What have I done?" and "What's next?" I'm just staring at my crochet hooks. Hoping to have a Fantasia moment where I suddenly have 20 products to list.

disney animated GIF

Because right now I think it's just called hoarding.


In other news, Ross comes home from Utah on Saturday and I'm just so sure this is what he is going to say when he sees what I've done.


In the meantime, Ryan believes in me, and that is all I need.




5 comments:

  1. I now know what to get you for your birthday, yarnaholic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yaas! Give me a $2 gift card to Michael's, I'll raise you a 40% off coupon and work wonders!

      Delete
  2. I love this post. Also, you should grow up to be like this lady. http://www.boredpanda.com/grandmother-yarn-bomb-uk-souter-stormers-knitting-104-year-old-grace-brett/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 104?! Obviously a scientific fact that crocheters live long happy lives! Haha. Bring on the yarn!

      Delete
  3. I love this post. Also, you should grow up to be like this lady. http://www.boredpanda.com/grandmother-yarn-bomb-uk-souter-stormers-knitting-104-year-old-grace-brett/

    ReplyDelete