Monday, April 21, 2014

Music Monday: #6 New Soul

As I get older and get closer to supposedly figuring this all out, I couldn't be farther from understanding anything.  But I'm learning a lot about these creatures called humans during my sojourn here on Earth.

Thanks to the magical powers of Pandora I stumbled across this beautiful song awhile back. It's been love ever since.


-New Soul-
Yael Naim



Not only is it incredibly beautiful, it is also upbeat. It's easy to belt out or hum. A nice little song.

And of course the lyrics aren't bad either. No matter how near or far I travel from the Shire, people always surprise me. Today, I am surprised (though I shouldn't be) about the incredible people I call my friends. Their endless and boundless love that is always there for me. 

I'm a new soul
I came to this strange world
Hoping I could learn a bit 'bout how to give and take
But since I came here, felt the joy and the fear
Finding myself making every possible mistake
Sometimes I feel like, in the song, I find myself making every possible mistake. I forget important events, I don't call as much as I should, I'm clumsy with my comforting words, I get irritable, I say things I don't mean, I'm slow to apologize.

But I'm learning from every single one of those mistakes. And as I take, I hope I also give.

See I'm a young soul in this very strange world
Hoping I could learn a bit 'bout what is true and fake
But why all this hate? Try to communicate
Finding trust and love is not always easy to make
As Yael tells us in the song, trust and love is not always easy to make (or, might I add, maintain). But I am so grateful for those people who, despite distance and friendship tremors, and my very human mistakes, still love and trust me. This world is filled with ugly hate, ugly disdain. Sometimes because of silly things, sometimes because of important things. But communicate! And you can find so much beauty in this world through trustworthy and loyal people. 
This is a happy endCome and give me your handI'll take you far away
Sometimes life can really stink. But I believe, no matter how deeply it gets buried in my heart, that we were made for happy endings. Despite our mistakes and shortcomings, despite the ugliness and fear of the world, we have so much beauty around us, and so many friends that care.



No comments:

Post a Comment