Wednesday, September 12, 2012

QW #2 Happy Thoughts

Second Quote Wednesday!
We're on a roll!

I am postponing the original quote I was going to do.
I love this quote and before I misplaced the paper I printed out, I was going to mount it on some cutesy paper, pack it down here, and hang it up on the wall as a fantastic reminder.
Recently online I found this version with a cute little giraffe design. And since Cass's birthday was this week, I had to opt for the giraffes!

If you have good thoughts they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely -Roald Dahl

I love happy people, because they are so contagious! My past few weeks in a new country have been filled with happy, smiling, helpful people. And I appreciate it.

But deep down inside, I ENVY it. Because I really want to be one of those people. I want to be the person that others want to be around because they can feel positive and comfortable around me.

And these individuals and families that I meet that are so good and positive, look lovely!
They are the most beautiful people I have ever met, because they have a smile that you can see in their eyes, and hear in their voice and feel in their hugs and handshakes.
The good thoughts really do radiate from their being and shine forth. And it marks them as a person who you can trust and turn to, when you need a friend, like a light in a storm.

As the lyrics of a children's song go,
"If you chance to meet a frown, do not let it stay! Quickly turn it upside down and smile that frown away! No one likes a frowny face, change it for a smile! Make the world a better place by smiling all the while!"

I hope that the more I try to seek out good thoughts, I can have them shine out of my face like sunbeams, because it isn't a bad thing to always look lovely!

1 comment:

  1. I think you got the words to that song wrong. I seem to remember them like this: "If you chance to meet a frown, do not let it stay! Quickly turn it upside down and ring its rotten neck!"

    ReplyDelete