Saturday, January 17, 2015

Dr. Strange Records

Ross has mostly had weekends off! Which means we have some nice time together to go check out some new places in the Inland Empire. It seems that the theme for this weekend was: Collectibles.

We started off at this cool record store. Yes, we have an obsession read about other record stores here and here. It is called Dr. Strange Records (yes, the recording label), and received runner-up to best record store in the Inland Empire.



This store has a lot more personality. Here is a snippet from their website.
"Let me start off by saying what we are NOT. We are not a "company" or "corporation" making money off punk rock. I've been into punk since 1980 and it is truly a way of life for me. It is who I am and what I will be until I die. I started Dr. Strange Records in 1988 in an effort for like minded people to get rare punk records for FAIR prices. My "hobby" has not only turned into the biggest mail-order for punk in all the world, but also a record label (in 1989) and a store in California (opened in 1997)."
Pretty cool. They have patches, custom stickers, clothing, posters, and even their very own cat Jinx. 


It is pretty awesome to walk in an independent record store and know the owner is right there and they can do whatever the heck they want. 


Especially in a punk store where that is pretty much their mantra. Even though I'm not huge into the punk scene it was still an amazing store. They even had some ska and punk rock I recognized too. 

After that we checked out some comic and collectible shops in the area. 


A fancy way of saying, we found some really cool stuff that maybe someday we can afford and have room for. 


My favorite were a pair of custom painted GOTG vans. 


The second store we went to was more of a collectibles store, and smelled about right for that too. They had probably over a hundred boxes with thousands of comics for a dollar, plus some rare comics. Still, a fun way to kill a Saturday.



No comments:

Post a Comment