Thursday, January 8, 2015

Back to the Grind

I was laying on the couch tonight just thinking about how fast the holidays went. I was staring at the lights on the Christmas tree thinking of how much I never want to take it down. How every night I just want to fall asleep in the glow of the Christmas tree.


The holidays are officially over and I can't figure out if things have calmed down or just gotten busy. The other day at work someone said I must not have dreaded coming back to work since I'm so new. That made me laugh a little. I am super grateful to be able to come back to a job after a wonderful and restful break. But things get busy pretty fast around these parts.


Rewind to Sunday night. My parents came by that night to pick up my brother and have some dinner. When they left I just felt empty. The doom of work starting again and lazy days dissipating. I felt like this tree outside my window. Holding onto the last bits of the season. And although the tree is holding onto fall and I'm holding onto the Christmas season, I guess we are both just hanging in there. 






No comments:

Post a Comment