Friday, March 6, 2015

Amigurumi

My grandma taught me how to crochet when I was younger, and I have loved it and sucked at it ever since. You can see my progressing in the past few years as documented on the blog. First here. Then here. But also here, and lastly here. I have come a long way. Mostly just meaning that I actually finish the projects I start. I have found that the best way to ensure this is to just scale the project down.

Scarf? No. Granny squares?? Meh. Afghan?! Absolutely not. Tiny little stuffed animal. Probably.

That is what brings me to Amigurumi, or the Japanese art of knitting or crocheting stuffed animals. Sounds a little specific but whatever. These little animals are so cute! I love them. I always kinda told myself I would someday figure out how to make them. But I realized that my previous projects were actually pretty good preparation and that I knew more than I thought.


That feeling doesn't happen often, so I am still treasuring it. Long story short, here is my new little friend and first official amigurumi project compliments of this blog and of course YouTube.






2 comments: