Saturday, March 21, 2015

You Belong...

Among the wild flowers! And as much as I would like to turn this in to a Music Monday post, I'll just keep it filled with a million pretty pictures.



This weekend Ross and I headed to Palmdale to do a bunch of things, dentist appointment, working in the yard, and hopefully catching a glimpse of wildflowers. When Ross and I were living in California before, we didn't get to see many wildflowers. :( But with the recent little bits of rain... some decided to pop up!



My parents heard that there weren't any at the Poppy Reserve, but I had seen friends post pictures so I knew they had to be somewhere.


After some cruising around and a couple dirt roads, we saw huge fields of orange!



Following tiny paths and watching for rattlesnakes, we wandered.





We came armed with field guides, but mom and dad are pretty much pros at identifying wildflowers in the Antelope Valley.



You might be thinking... "Why the field guides? All I see are poppies."

But look again.



Yellow poppies as well as tiny purple flowers. There were also Golden Poppies and Fiddlenecks as well as various other yellow flowers mixed in there.



It was a beautiful day and we had fun just basking in the sun and enjoying the unique and seasonal beauty.



Ross loves being in nature and having never seen such a sight, was very entranced by the experience!





Did you know that the poppy is the California state flower?

I love how delicate and silky the petals are. And I love this picture!




Afterwards we wandered over to Leona Valley then back to Palmdale. Ending the trip with some delicious Thai food! Amazing every time.

I made this fun scrapbook collage to capture the beauty of the day!




4 comments:

  1. Kristen that is so beautiful! And I love your shirt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie! Different landscape from NJ right?

      Delete
  2. This is really beautiful! I would love to go there someday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every once in a while the desert explodes with color. I still have another post to do about wildflowers. Also, I think that is the first time any one has wanted to go to the Antelope Valley in the history of mankind. Haha.

      Delete