Sunday, August 10, 2014

Week Wrap Up #12

Now that I am in California and about to start a new chapter in my life I can't decide if I want to keep "Week Wrap Up."

Obviously very important life decisions being made on this blog.



I don't have a ton to "wrap up" this week, some big changes yes, but for now I will just mention the hilarity in the horror of apartment hunting. Ross and I spent the last few days peeking and peering into what feels like hundreds of apartments. So many phone calls and appointments to lead to almost nothing. One of my favorite complexes was called "The Orleans." It had a certain eerie Haunted Mansion type feel to it.



I'm 99% sure they contacted Disneyland as asked for the rights to whatever font they used.

This one apartment was totally bizarre. It looks like it was a house that incorporated the patio into the living room. It resulted in a tiny (bed?)room that had a glass window peering into the living room.

Hard to explain, but definitely odd.



After a long day of apartment hunting, I landed smack in the middle of a big mud pile. I guess I should just be glad it happened near the end of the day.



Synge really enjoys smoothie.



Now that Ross and I officially have a place, I have moved on to begging for a kitty. This is no easy feat because Ross doesn't particularly like cats. I would like to believe he is warming up to the fact, but it is taking an incredible amount of work. Lately I've been looking at shelters for kitties to rescue. They call out to Ross for help.



One of my favorites is the little dude with the afro. And pumpkin up at the top.

Packing never dies in the Petersen household. It was packing to leave Grenada, packing up to leave Utah, packing up the new things we acquired in Utah, packing our old things in Utah (from storage), packing up our things in California, packing our things in storage in California... I think you are getting the picture. The upside of packing up means finding old memories. When I was younger I loved getting mail, and I understood this meant I had to send mail as well. So I wrote. I wrote to friends down the block over our summer vacation. I wrote to friends serving missions in Sweden. I wrote to elementary school teachers on vacation in Europe. I wrote to friends on vacation in Utah. And now I have at least one box filled with all these memories. It is so much fun to go through them and see what was important to me at that time in my life.


Ross and I are enjoying our time with my parents before we officially move on to the next chapter. This includes getting as much Thai food as possible before we have to scout for a new location in Redlands. Fortune cookies are always fun because everyone pretends like they don't care, but then we all jump on them. I always think of this Jim Gaffigan stand up. Sure, I have gotten some funny ones, but Ross was so pleased when he read his. 


"You could prosper in the field of medicine."

I sure as hell hope so. We are already pretty deep into this ordeal. The look on that kid's face is priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment