Monday, August 25, 2014

Family Family Family!

Ross and I have been spending almost all of our weekend free time with family Palmdale or family in the valley. I love having a car that can get me back and forth so I can see my family when I can. My brother and sister are still in town before they leave for school. They came down for a visit. Being new around here we weren't sure what would be good to do. We settled for some hanging out, hot tub time, Chinese food, and walking down Center Street into a bizarre consignment/ antique store.



At the consignment store they had a lot of little Victorian/ vintage cards and keepsakes. I loved this one because it reminds me of a picture of me and my sisters from our childhood.


That weekend we celebrated my cousin Ricky's birthday at my grandparent's home.



Name that Widdi game!!

This picture of the mustard and ketchup framing the chocolate cake makes me laugh every time!


Poor Ross was on call the night before. So he bowed out and snoozed on the couch. 


Hopefully he gets this whole hospital-24-hour-call thing down so he gets some decent sleep. 

While we were in Palmdale this weekend we had a final hurrah. One of my favorites, roasting s'mores in our makeshift fire pit in the backyard. A fire pit that kind of looks like a trashcan. 


We didn't want to get out freshly laundered clothes dirty, so I came up with a clever solution. 

Over the many years of us kids working for a certain polo uniform requiring establishment, my parent's closets have accumulated quite a few. Said establishment is pretty picky about their logo being on the interwebs, so we found a creative way to take a "ballin'" photo while covering the logos. Also had some bucks from said establishment that are given to employees for good work. #swaaaag


We all roasted marshmallows in our fancy matching polos so we could just throw them away afterwards. Dad had the idea to do a hot dog wrapped in bacon. Synge really wanted to get at that. 


It was a fun weekend. I love spending time with my family, and it is always so hard to leave and get back to business as usual. 

While we are on the topic of family, let me take a minute to brag about my own great family. Medical school can be pretty crappy. But every once in a while I get to see a glimpse of my clever, creative, thoughtful husband. Like when he made me a unicorn crepe!





No comments:

Post a Comment