Monday, July 13, 2015

Puppy Dogs and Wildlife Sanctuary

Every day in NY warrants it's own post. Today's adventure was to Mamaroneck. Heaven help me pronounce anything here. After I found out Soho stands for South Houston, and it's pronounced House-ton, I officially gave up.

First stop, Walter's, this funny little hot dog stand. No idea why is has the architecture of a Chinese pagoda, but it's cool. I like the sign that has Walter's spelled out in hot dog links.



They have a half hot dog,-just a little guy- called the puppy dog. Since the sides sounded so amazing I went with the puppy dog. Then we shared a shake, sweet potato waffle fries, potato puffs, and a black & white shake. It was pretty good. Sweet potato + waffle fries = my favorite thing about fries so it was awesome!



Cute little place to eat that in California would be called a national forest.



I am not really a planner. I'm the type of person to research a thousands ideas, then just choose a couple to sloppily actualize. The Edith G. Read Wildlife Sanctuary seemed like a cool enough place. As I explained to to Ali, she was confused.

A: It's in Rye, like where Playland is?
K: I guess, I think it's right next to it.
A: Umm, here is Playland. Next to it like where?
K: Behind it?
A: Through the parking lot?

Haha. It went on like this for about 5 minutes as we roll past the creepy deserted looking theme park, past the parking fee station with no one in it. Then through the empty lot, pulling up near a lake looking thing.



I some how convinced Ali to get out of the car and check it out. Since she's my little sister she has to trust me, even if it is reluctantly.



We walked down a path over to a rocky shoreline. The whole geography of this part of the world is baffling to me too many trees and too much water going different directions. But we figured it out that were looking over the Long Island Sound.



We continued wandering and made our way back to the wildlife sanctuary. The sun was setting and everything was bathed in a warm sunset tones. We walked around for a bit. Seeing a ton of cute little bouncing bunny bums.



The weather was so nice and the sky was beautiful.



On our way back to the car, we saw a mamma duck and about 6 or so ducklings waddle across the path, headed to the lake. We were so stunned by how cute and tiny they were. Our hearts were bursting due to cuteness overload!



No comments:

Post a Comment