Tuesday, April 23, 2013

... But Then I Remember

I posted about how I sometimes I forget that I live in Paradise.

But don't fret! I remember to take time to enjoy all Grenada has to offer!

















Sometimes I just head to the beach out of the blue, because I can! One of my favorite beaches is called BBC Beach, or Morne Rouge Beach. I usually head to campus then catch a Grandview Inn Bus to get to the beach. It saves me from having to walk up the hill and back down the other side to get to the beach.

Although this particular time the bus simply stopped at the bottom and told us to get off because he wasn't driving up there. Haha? If you live here in Grenada you know this is funny because if it stops at the bottom of the hill it is no longer a Grandview Inn bus, it is a just a True Blue/ Grand Anse bus, ya know, the ones that like practically every 15 minutes. Whatever!

Here is a view of the more easily accessible Grand Anse Beach. This photo is taken as I was ascending the hill to get to BBC. On the far left of the photo you can start to see downtown St. George's.


Walk about five more minutes and do a 180 degree turn and you get BBC beach! I like to think it is a mini Grand Anse. It is so nice because it doesn't get as many people as Grand Anse. 

On the beach, nice and lonely.

And since I am definitely one for the random, here is a cool little Grenada-painted door. 

I am a super early riser (I know, I know, you should get it by now!). So the other day I headed out to the beach around 8. You can definitely bet it was deserted then, and it was very lovely and cool because the sun wasn't on full blast yet. You should definitely try it sometime! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment